Portuguese-to-English translator Katrina Dodson wins 2016 PEN Translation Prize with Clarice Lispector's "The Complete Stories"
Here are the finalists for the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize 2015
The short list was just announced and the diversified list of six contenders is in!
2015 Best Translated Book Award Announced!
Here is the long list for this year's Best Translated Book Award
Short List for the 2015 Man Booker International Prize
Check out the 10 authors who are being considered for The Man Booker International Prize
The American Literary Translators Association (ALTA) has announced the longlist of books being considered for the National Translation Award (NTA). In its 16th edition, this year the NTA selected titles from 15 different countries, representing 11 languages to promote literary diversity in English translations. The short list with the 5 finalists will be announced October, and the winner of the $5,000 cash prize will be disclosed during the ALTA conference on November 12-15.
Here's the longlist with the respective author, original language and translator into English:
- Poems of Consummation, written by Vicente Aleixandre and translated from Spanish by Stephen Kessler
- The Dark, written by Sergio Chejfec and translated from Spanish by Heather Cleary
- The African Shore, written by Rodrigo Rey Rosa and translated from Spanish by Jeffrey Gray
- Four Elemental Bodies, written by Claude Royet-Journoud and translated from French by Keith Waldrop
- Crossings, written by Habib Tengour and translated from French by Marilyn Hacker
- A Treatise on Shelling Beans, written by Wiesław Myśliwski and translated from Polish by Bill Johnston
- Distant Lands: An Anthology of Poets who Don’t Exist, written by Agnieszka Kuciak and translated from Polish by Karen Kovacik
- A Schoolboy’s Diary, written by Robert Walser and translated from German by Damion Searls
- Theme of Farewell and After-Poems, written by Milo de Angelis and translated from Italian by Susan Stewart & Patrizio Ceccagnoli
- An Invitation For Me to Think, written by Alexander Vvedensky and translated from Russian by Eugene Ostashevsky & Matvei Yankelevich
- Cavafy — Complete Plus, written by C.P. Cavafy and translated from Greek by George Economou
- Life’s Good, Brother, written by Nazim Hikmet and translated from Turkish by Mutlu Konuk Blasing
- Between Friends, written by Amos Oz and translated from Hebrew by Sondra Silverston
- The Girl with the Golden Parasol, written by Uday Prakash and translated from Hindi by Jason Grunebaum
- Light and Dark: A Novel, written by Natsume Soseki and translated from Japanese by John Nathan
PEN America Announces 2014 Literary Translation Awards
Here are the deserving winners of PEN America's translated poem and prose!
Gustavo Araujo reviews Niccolò Ammaniti's "I'm not scared"