Check out this blog for great international and diverse reading tips!
Short List for the 2015 Man Booker International Prize
Check out the 10 authors who are being considered for The Man Booker International Prize
The American Literary Translators Association (ALTA) has announced the longlist of books being considered for the National Translation Award (NTA). In its 16th edition, this year the NTA selected titles from 15 different countries, representing 11 languages to promote literary diversity in English translations. The short list with the 5 finalists will be announced October, and the winner of the $5,000 cash prize will be disclosed during the ALTA conference on November 12-15.
Here's the longlist with the respective author, original language and translator into English:
- Poems of Consummation, written by Vicente Aleixandre and translated from Spanish by Stephen Kessler
- The Dark, written by Sergio Chejfec and translated from Spanish by Heather Cleary
- The African Shore, written by Rodrigo Rey Rosa and translated from Spanish by Jeffrey Gray
- Four Elemental Bodies, written by Claude Royet-Journoud and translated from French by Keith Waldrop
- Crossings, written by Habib Tengour and translated from French by Marilyn Hacker
- A Treatise on Shelling Beans, written by Wiesław Myśliwski and translated from Polish by Bill Johnston
- Distant Lands: An Anthology of Poets who Don’t Exist, written by Agnieszka Kuciak and translated from Polish by Karen Kovacik
- A Schoolboy’s Diary, written by Robert Walser and translated from German by Damion Searls
- Theme of Farewell and After-Poems, written by Milo de Angelis and translated from Italian by Susan Stewart & Patrizio Ceccagnoli
- An Invitation For Me to Think, written by Alexander Vvedensky and translated from Russian by Eugene Ostashevsky & Matvei Yankelevich
- Cavafy — Complete Plus, written by C.P. Cavafy and translated from Greek by George Economou
- Life’s Good, Brother, written by Nazim Hikmet and translated from Turkish by Mutlu Konuk Blasing
- Between Friends, written by Amos Oz and translated from Hebrew by Sondra Silverston
- The Girl with the Golden Parasol, written by Uday Prakash and translated from Hindi by Jason Grunebaum
- Light and Dark: A Novel, written by Natsume Soseki and translated from Japanese by John Nathan
Meet The 2014 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Recipients
Here's a list of 15 translation projects that received grants to bring international literature to English readers
Join The Game: The World Cup Of Literature!
It's time for soccer, but it's also time for literature! Join this literary game during the World Cup!
PEN America has announced the 10 translated novels nominated for its 2014 Awards
It has definitely become a little easier to keep up with international books in English now!